Sunday, August 22, 2004

An Elusive Completeness

I sat in silence, alone in the Meeting House, for a long time. I let my mind wander over whatever it chose. Mostly I thought about why I like to sit quietly and let my mind wander. I realized then that there is an inner art of the mind. It cannot be controlled, it cannot be directly spoken, but it is there. Through silence it is drawn from its slumber and given to thought. Think directly of it and you will loose it. Let it act freely, and it remains. It fulfilled whatever it crossed, and in its tracks left everything complete. The peacefulness, and the feeling of pure purposelessness, to a degree that the lack of intention became my very intent, was a great, relaxing feeling. I felt I had found something that I had lost by thinking too hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home