Monday, October 18, 2004

Random Thoughts Concentrate

Like a fruit juice concentrate, these are ideas that need something more before they are complete. No coherency between them, no full understanding reached, they are, for now, fragments of the mind.

The mind holds ideas in many ways. It cannot reflect on itself and find just how, or why it acts as it does. It cares not to know its purpose, it seems. And yet now, I would like, and I think that this liking comes from the mind, to know the purpose of the same. Yet there is a barrier: the second mind; with no interest in providing that information it deems unecessary, it will confine my own thought to an indirect look inward, staring in a mirror, back through myself.

In this other mind, there exists, as well, the foundation of thought. Every sense, every emotion, must be percieved, and yet cannot be controlled. I believe I am thinking. If this is true, and I have no convincing evidence to doubt it, then there must exist a division between what a conciously and unconciously think.

Could, perhaps, a thought be reached, without the unconcious mind? Even if it could, it would be a thought without substance, and its origion untraceable. I can speak my knowledge of my own conciousness, conciously perceive it, so it is almost certain that the concious and unconcious minds are tied very closely.

Emotions are confusing. They often defy the careful contructions of thought, and yet very often thought may construct an emotion, or emotion a thought. If emotion, to act, be heeded without thinking, the power to reflect on one's own function would be lost. If emotion were eliminated, thought would be empty. Can the balance be found through careful thought, or the intuition of emotion?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home